Unique Grocery & Restaurant concept chooses DCI – Eat17, Bishop’s Stortford
Creating the fourth Eat17 grocery and restaurant venue to feature a Blakemore & Sons Ltd. Spar, the team asked DCI to design and install a refrigeration and air conditioning solution that was not only effective and efficient but also every bit as good looking as the trendsetting interior.
Located in Bishop’s Stortford, the large site features a convenience shopping area, four concession units offering street-style food and a sizeable restaurant seating area.
All this required a centralised refrigeration system, full air conditioning systems, tempered fresh air supply systems and four independent kitchen canopy extract systems, an HVAC control panel and all associated control wiring.
The architectural design of the site featured an open ceiling meaning all services and ductwork would be visible. So, DCI had to ensure its solution would complement Eat17’s distinctive interior look and feel.
The entire project featured the following multiple elements – all managed by DCI
• Refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation design and drawings
• Design and installation of new refrigeration system
• Refrigeration plant design, manufacture and installation
• All refrigeration services including valves and controls
• All refrigeration wiring and controls
• Cold room installation – including plant equipment and controls
• Air conditioning design and installation including services and controls
• Ventilation design, installation and controls
• Canopy extraction design, installation and controls
• All HVAC+R wiring and controls
• HVAC panel and wiring