International investment firm banks on DCI for HQ boiler project
A subsidiary of one of Japan’s largest brokerage and financial services groups, Daiwa Capital Markets Europe has its headquarters in the City of London.
Daiwa called on DCI to replace its extensive boiler system which supplies services for the 600 staff working on the seven floors of the 82,000sq. ft. building.
Working in this densely built-up area of London always has many logistic considerations and, as is common, the boiler room was located in the basement resulting in restricted access for removal and installation. All redundant plant, materials and seven stories of twin flue services had to be removed and disposed of prior to installation of new boilers and pipework for gas, water and flues.
DCI started with a full site survey, validating the existing installation and recording all measurements such as flow rates and physical dimensions before creating comprehensive working drawings for the boiler and flue replacement and pipework design.
• Installation of new boiler plant – full load design duty of 1032kW (Primary circuit)
• Supply and installation of all new flue systems, including all man-safe anchor points within flue riser cupboards and making good of roof top penetrations.
• Supply and installation of all new pump sets, valve and associated equipment.
• New Mechanical controls and BMS works with full integration to the on site Trend system.
• New gas service to serve new boilers.
• Thermal insulation to pipework and fitting of aluminium cladding with flange jackets to all valves and flanges within the boiler room.
• Pre-commissioning and cleansing dosing of the new and existing heating circuits.
• Testing and commissioning.
• Provision of record documentation and O&M manuals